This blog post talks about positive affirmations for learning.
You’ll learn how you can use positive affirmations to boost the learning process.
Learners are looking for ways to get more from every learning effort.
Imagine if you could give learners the emotional support that they need. To improve their intellect.
What this means is that they won’t be discouraged when they learn a skill. Also, you’ll be caring for and motivating them to complete any course they begin.
In essence, with affirmations for learning, you can give more as a brand.
And you can encourage your learners to achieve their learning goals.
In this post, you’ll read:
- What are Positive Affirmations?
- What are Positive Affirmations for Learning?
- Why Should Your Brand Use Positive Affirmations?
- Duolingo as a Case Study for Language Learning Affirmations
- 6 Benefits of Positive Affirmations for Learners
- Benefit #1 – Serve as a Good Source of Motivation
- Benefit #2 – Boost Mental Power
- Benefit #3 – Reflect Brand Care
- Benefit #4 – Encourage Learner Consistency
- Benefit #5 – Raise Happiness Levels
- Benefit #6 – Bring Huge Success
- Bonus Benefit – Lead to Repeated/Continual Learning
- How to Use Positive Affirmations for Learning and Studying
- 10 Free Positive Affirmations for Language Learning
Positive affirmations are positive words or positive quotes that motivate or empower you.
Some examples of positive affirmations include:
- I am strong.
- I am happy.
- I am healthy.
- I am loved.
- I am gifted.
- I am learning successfully.
- I am amazingly intelligent.
How do these positive statements make you feel?
You most likely feel good about yourself. But more than that, they help you feel like you can do anything.
Think about the last time you didn’t feel like you could complete a course.
You must have felt discouraged. And wished that someone would ‘boost your morale’. Or give you the push you need.
Affirmations are like pick-me-up words that encourage positivity. Especially when you’ve lost hope about a situation. Or need to take certain steps.
Saying “I am proud of myself. I am strong and happy. And I can do anything because God is with me.”
Positive morning affirmations also give our days a good start. When you say, “I am prepared to succeed in all I do today,” somehow, you’ll realize that your day will be great.
Apart from this, positive quotes are great for children.
How Positive Affirmations Work for Kids
Positive affirmations for kids have several advantages.
The bottom line – daily affirmations for kids are a win-win for both kids and their parents.
Of course, we also have affirmations for men and affirmations for women. You only have to fit them to your own needs.
My 2019 Prego Experience: Positive Affirmations during Pregnancy
These positive self-affirmations worked so well for me during my pregnancy last year.
I had read so many stories about how horrible pregnancy could be.
“You’ll gain weight.” “And get ugly bumps on your face.”
“Your hair will fall off.” “And your feet will become like plump tubers of yam.”
And so on. They scared me.
I didn’t want to hate my looks after pregnancy.
So I remember standing in front of my mirror one morning, and saying, “I will recognize and love myself after this pregnancy.”
And guess what?
I barely even look like I gave birth six months ago.
Except for the stretch marks still around my belly button. And my natural hair is longer than I’ve ever known it to be.
What’s my point?
- Give hope, life, and every reason to go on.
- They show you how strong and capable you are.
And when you use daily self-love affirmations:
- You’ll feel better about yourself.
- You’ll do the things that seem impossible for most people.
- Plus, you’ll have an improved outlook on life or difficult tasks.
Take my dishwashing phobia, for example.
Since I was a little girl, I’ve always hated doing dishes. Funny enough, I still dread that chore. Even as a wife and mother.
So I use affirmations every time I successfully wash dishes.
Halfway, I affirm, “Adenike, you’re doing great. Well done.”
At the end, I say, “Adenike, I am so proud of you. I love you!”
And such words make my head “swell.”
Now, how do you apply positive affirmations for learning?
It’s one thing to decide to learn. But it’s another to have the zeal and motivation to follow through.
Sometimes, learners can’t wait to acquire knowledge and skills.
But the drive to start may not be there. Besides, even if they do start, they might struggle to remain consistent.
This is where positive words come in.
In fact, there’s a 182-page paper on Educational Affirmations by Western Michigan University.
Positive affirmations for learning encourage learner consistency. They are words that make a person feel like they’re making progress.
Think about them as positive self-talk. This helps people focus on the good aspects of life, and shirk the bad.
Well, it’s not to say that you’re lying on a bed of roses.
Instead, you’re choosing to fill your heart with brightness. And dwell on the beauty of your learning process.
Hence, for someone taking a course on Coursera or Udemy, positive quotes can keep them motivated.
They’ll have the energy and focus to start the course, engage with other learners, and take assessments when necessary. Further, they’ll be willing to complete the course and get their certificate.
In other words, positive affirmations for learning make the learning process attainable.
Why Should Your Education Brand Use Short Positive Affirmations?
You’re probably wondering:
“Why bother our heads with ways to pamper a learner?”
Yes, you might feel like it isn’t your business to pat a learner’s back. And say, “kudos” or “thumbs up!”
But from research, we know that learners who use positive quotes learn better. And this doesn’t have to do with their intelligence quotient.
Association for Psychological Science researched self-affirmations. And the researchers studied the neurological reactions associated with self-affirmations.
“The researchers speculate that participants who were self-affirmed were more receptive to errors which allowed them to better correct for their mistakes.”
Besides, many learners today make sacrifices to learn on online course platforms.
A lot of people struggle to carve out time to learn new things and grow their professional life.
- Give learners a reason to trust you and your education products
- Show that you’re more interested in their growth than their money
- Monitor how well you’re achieving your educational brand goals
- Distinguish yourself from average education-focused brands
- Increase the number of learners who choose your brand
- Reflect your humanity while still being professional
- Grow your business revenue ultimately.
For more ideas on positive affirmations for students, take a look at TheTeacherToolkit. You’ll find great examples.
Now, with these reasons, let’s look at some major benefits of positive affirmations for learners.
Duolingo as a Case Study: How Positive Affirmations are Helping Me Learn French
Affirmations in education are emotional boosts for learners and students.
For example, I’ve been learning French on Duolingo since the beginning of March. Every day, I give it about an hour.
I have my lesson notes. So I write every lesson on each level. And I write the things I’ve learned (in detailed structures) overtime on A4 sheets.
Then, I paste them on my Vision Board. It’s over two months since I began learning French with this app.
And you’d wonder how I’ve managed to stay consistent. Amid my busyness – especially as a new mother still into copywriting and IELTS training.
The secret – positive affirmations for language learning.
When you get a question correctly, you get positive words like:
- Nicely done!
After every 5 questions, Duolingo commends you for completing 5 in a row.
“Awesome! You’re working hard and learning new words.”
Next, when you complete 10 in a row or at the end of a lesson, you get, “You’re crushing your learning goals. Keep it up!”
The Power of Positive Affirmations after a Bad Day
The best part of Duolingo is that you gain streaks as you learn a language.
Plus, you can participate in weekly leagues.
Last week, I was in the Ruby League – 50 learners. At number 6, with 368XP.
- Promotion Zone: The first 10 learners progress to the next league
- Middle Zone: the space for the next 35 learners
- Demotion Zone: A risky spot for 5 learners who may fall out of the league. If they don’t increase their XP.
Well, what you don’t know is that last Tuesday, I fell to position 46.
For the first time since I commenced my French lessons on Duolingo.
I had been feeling overwhelmed lately. And just wanted to take things slow.
But how did I push back to position 5 that night?
I recalled all the positive affirmations on learning that Duolingo always shares. And I made up my mind to take one lesson.
After the first lesson, I took another. And another. And several more. Until I found myself in position 5.
What do you think worked the magic?
The positive affirmations!
Two of my best positive affirmations for learning on Duolingo are:
“I’m so proud of you!”
And I love the Duolingo short stories too.
Who wouldn’t feel like they could conquer the world when they hear such affirmations?
Overall, affirmations for language learning is a huge blessing. They empower learners to complete the learning cycle, irrespective of what it entails.
· Benefit #1 – Serve as a Good Source of Motivation
Positive affirmations for learning motivate learners.
When your website or app uses positive words or quotes, learners feel like they can keep going.
Imagine if you could help learners complete a course on your online course platform by using powerful words.
“Your points are increasing. Well done!”
“You’re halfway gone. Good job!”
Very few learners wouldn’t stay faithful to the course. Most people will feel encouraged to keep going.
· Benefit #2 – Boost Mental Power
Another benefit of positive affirmations is the mental power push.
Take Duolingo’s example. With the positive words on their language learning app, they assure me that I can learn French.
And I believe it too. Because I now know a lot in French. Maybe not a lot!
But I can say this:
Je m’appelle Adenike Babalola. J’habite en Ile-Ife avec ma mari et ma bebe. Ma bebe est un garcon amusant. J’adore le gateau, les pommes et le chocolat. J’aime ecrir et ecouter.
I hope that’s correct in every way.
Overall, as learners encounter positive words when they learn, they’ll soon begin to experience a higher mental performance.
· Benefit #3 – Reflect Brand Care
Using positive affirmations for learning equally shows learners that you care about them.
As humans, we love it when people empathize with us. It often shows that they understand us, our needs, and our achievements.
When you use affirmations for learning in your educational apps or on your free course websites, learners stop feeling alone. They know you’re with them. Providing support.
· Benefit #4 – Encourage Learner Consistency
Positive quotes for learners enhance consistency.
Many learners struggle to complete courses they start.
Sometimes, it isn’t because they aren’t committed. Life just happens. And work, family or health goals get in the way.
Recently, Duolingo send me a reminder to complete a lesson.
What was more interesting about this?
I received a commendation for learning 1,045 words in French so far. For me, that was a reason to keep learning. And never relent in my efforts.
With positive affirmations for learning, a learner can stay committed to their learning goals.
· Benefit #5 – Raise Happiness Levels
Kind words always make us happy. Positive words do too.
Telling a learner, “well done” or “you’re doing great” will make them happy.
How does this work?
Usually, commendation lets us know that we’re doing the right thing. And that’s praise.
Praise brings excitement. In the end, a learner will be enthusiastic about making progress. Because they always want to be happy.
· Benefit #6 – Bring Huge Success
The biggest perk of positive affirmations for learning is success.
Positive quotes for success while studying or working are great. They help you reach higher than you ever could. And the more optimistic you feel, the more successful you’ll be.
Moreover, as learners read positive affirmations out loud or in their heads, they become successful. Because words are powerful.
· Bonus Benefit – Lead to Repeated/Continual Learning
Finally, when learners are motivated, committed, happy, and successful, your brand wins.
Every educational brand that leverages positive affirmations for learning grows.
For one, new learners will become repeat learners. And they’ll spread the word. Which means an increase in your business profit.
The bottom line, the more satisfied your learners are, the more successful your education business will be.
How to Use Positive Words for Learning and Studying
I got some of these ideas from my copy of Jack Canfield’s The Success Principles.
- Start with “I am” or “You are”, as the case may be.
- Use emotional words or positive adjectives like happy, strong, healthy, lively, powerful, intelligent, loved, gifted, responsible, and more.
- Keep the positive quotes short.
- Add adverbs to clarify the scope of the positive word. Take for example intelligence. You can write, “I am absolutely intelligent.” This creates the impression of fullness.
- Use exclamation marks for emphasis. For example, Duolingo uses “Awesome!” and “Nice!”
- Write the positive affirmations with colorful and stylish fonts to make them stand out.
- Transform negative self-talk into positive affirmations. For example, instead of “I’m so bad at this,” say, “I will learn until I become good at this.”
- Customize the affirmations to fit your needs. What this means is that if your learning needs are weight loss-related, you should use positive affirmations to lose weight. Are you looking to learn English? Work with positive affirmations for learning English.
- You’re progressing. Keep going.
- Nice! No stopping!
- Spend 5 Minutes learning. Spend your time wisely.
- I am excited for you.
- You achieved your daily goal. Kudos!
- You’ve learned so much. Great job!
- Be proud of you. You’ve come this far.
- You’re getting closer.
- A lesson a day keeps ignorance away.
- Keep soaring. Keep winning.
So there you have it. The power of learning affirmations.
Positive affirmations for learning make learning worthwhile.
Not only do learners achieve their learning goals, but they also feel empowered to keep learning. To keep growing.
And you can have these positive affirmations in audio. It’ll connect with them better.
Now, it’s your turn. I’d love to hear from you.
Does your education brand use positive affirmations for learning? How do they help your learners?
Are you an individual or a learner using a product or service from a brand in the education industry?
How do these positive quotes or words help you?
Feel free to share your experience with me and other readers.
Would you like me to write customized positive affirmations for you or your brand?
Email email@example.com now.